Monday, January 19, 2009

RSS Feed and Web 2.0

This week in class I learned about RSS feeds and Web 2.0.

After watching same informational videos in class I learned that Web 2.0 is a new kind of internet. It allows users to interact with the internet by being able to manipulate different web pages by editing them (wikipedia) and adding pictures (blogs). 

At first I didn't really know what RSS was. Then after learning that it means Really Simple Syndication, I learned how to link other web pages to a certain web page (like a blog). I also learned how to go to a website and see if it has an RSS feed, subscribe to that feed and then add the RSS feed to a blog.  

I think that using blogs and even a wiki in the classroom is a wonderful way to keep parents and students informed about happenings in the classroom. I think I could also use an RSS feed to link a blog to other educational websites that my students could use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment